I couldn’t believe it when I heard. Let me illustrate the scene.

A French person. August. 18h45. Works in administration. Calls my boss. Gives her an email of the person working on my file.

For those of you who have never dealt with French admin or visa issues, you have no idea who incredible this is. First of all, no one in France works in August–let alone pass 17h. And someone in French admin!!! And the fact she gave us a contact for my file!! Things are looking up. There maybe some light at the end of the tunnel!!

Apparently this dude that is working on my file comes back from his holiday on August 16 which means I have a month and a half to figure out this visa shit until well, I am full-blown illegal and forced to return to the US.

My first choice is obviously stay here. I love Paris and I still am not done with my experience here. However, I have also finally come to the acceptance that if I do have to go back, it wont be the end of the world. I am letting fate take the reins. I really do believe everything happens for a reason so I am excited to see what’s next.

That being said… cross your fingers for my visa 🙂


2 thoughts on “Finger Crossed

  • Dad

    Let me float an idea out there.

    Let’s say you do not get a visa and you must leave France. If you stay long enough to obtain the status of ILLEGAL ALIEN (that has an ominous tone to it), then you run the risk of being deported if you try to travel.

    So, turn a negative into a positive. Pack you entire apartment and be completely prepared to leave, then book a really cheap flight somewhere. When they will check your passport, they will say your visa is expired and then they will deport you. But, you are prepared! You have all your stuff with you! FREE TRIP HOME compiments of the French Government! It seems only fair they should pay you for all your inconveniences they have caused you over the past year.

    What do you think?

  • Rosa

    you cannot have just one visa to visit every where in the world. Whether you need a visa for any paulicrtar country depends upon your nationality those countries that do require a visa for you will expect you to apply personnally through one of their embassies (and pay quite a lot for some countries) you can apply through any embassy of the country you wish to visit so that you have the visa when you try to cross their border. the type of visa required would depend a lot on what you intended to do in the country like just travel or work or be a student.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *